We’re hiring Marketing and PR Executive
Marketing & PR Executive – Dukes Meadows Golf & Tennis, London
Reports to: General Manager
Department: Marketing & PR
Salary: £22 – £24k depending on experience
Hours: Permanent / 40 hours / week including weekends
The primary focus is to bring new business to Dukes Meadows Golf & Tennis using all relevant and available communication, marketing and PR channels, including digital, print and TV. The successful applicant will strive to increase brand awareness in the local community whilst building our database and social media ‘fan’ base. You will also be responsible for driving consumer footfall and delivery of all brand content for the website & social media.
The role supports a wide range of customer facing & digital marketing activity.
- Driving footfall into Dukes Meadows through locally based marketing activity, advertising, partnerships and brand alliances.
- Creating relevant and engaging content for all brand communication channels to maximise consumer engagement
- Utilising existing contacts in local, regional and national press, as well as developing new PR & Media relationships, to effectively target potential new customers through various media channels.
- Seeking effective, on and offline PR opportunities to promote brand awareness and to present Dukes Meadows, its facilities, and sporting ‘stars of the future’ in the best possible light.
- Planning, managing and content creation for all brand social media channel and growing the social media fan bases.
- Ensuring the Dukes Meadows website is completely up to date with all new events, activities and PR stories, plus support each of the sport areas to keep their pages fully up to date and relevant (WordPress).
- Create weekly reports on key website analytics and engagement results
- Creating promotional marketing materials including, flyers, posters & presentations maintaining the consistent brand aesthetic in line with the Brand Guidelines.
- Assisting the General Manager with all email broadcasts and their related content – plus maintaining a record of competitor CRM activity across print and email.
- Ensure customer mailshot database is kept up to date.
Required / preferred attributes:
- A marketing related degree or equivalent would be preferable but not required
- A passion for driving new business into the centre specifically in tennis, golf & ski
- Previous experience & thorough understanding of social media and digital marketing
- Previous experience within a sports environment preferable
- Existing knowledge of and contacts within Sports PR (press, digital and TV channels) preferable
- Proven ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to interpret and report upon basic sales and social media data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress
- Confident when speaking and strong sales skills
- A pro-active, “can do” approach and hunger to succeed.
Application: To apply please email a covering letter outlining why you may be suitable for the role along with your CV to the General Manager, Charlie Stockford.
To know some more about the job, please click here.